Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Coming Attractions

by Marjorie
As previously noted, I've seen Revenge of the Sith. It was the first movie my DH and I have seen in a theater in years. We think that Memento was the last time we were in a theater.

What an awesome experience! I loved the stadium seating and the huge screen -- I was getting sick of theaters where you feel you're sitting in someone's garage. I felt like I got my money's worth.

I love previews. I think Steve Martin looks like he'll be a hysterical Inspector Clouseau in a Pink Panther remake -- I haven't seen much of Peter Sellers, so I don't think I'm tainted. Best exchange -- 'it was fatal.' "How fatal?" (Quizzical look) 'Completely.'

While I'm not inclined to like Mr. and Mrs. Smith because of the aroma of adultery surrounding its filming, I did not know that Vince Vaughn is in it. This changes things -- I really love his voice. Doubt we'll see it, even on video, but the preview had a great line by Vince after Brad Pitt tells him his wife is trying to kill him. Something along the lines of "they all do it, slowly, day by day, bit by bit." No, really, his wife is an assassin. Can anyone say Prizzi's Honor?

But, but....I may just have to get back into the theater to watch JRR Tolkien get his comeuppance -- Narnia is coming out and it looks like they are leaving room for a series. When I was an young-un, an animated version of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe scared the hell out of me (he he). Well, with Tilda Swinton as the White Witch, how can I resist? And yet, the whole occultish looking sacrifice of Aslan may keep me away.... Bet Robbo's gonna see it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

CS Lewis was a medievalist and a student of literature so he didn't quite do theology quite as wella s theologians demand -- whcih is why ordinary sitting in the pews Christians loved him so much.

The medievals -- or at elast some like Anselm taught/thought Christ's sacrifice was a debt paid by God to the devil. That's why Aslan's sacrifice happens the way it does.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home