Saturday, September 10, 2005

Impressed Men...

by Marjorie
...drive me nuts. It seems that every time we drive around our county, with me directing the way, my DH looks at me approvingly and says "you really know your way around." I have lived in this county for three decades, I should know my way around. I never say to him when we visit his county that he knows his way around -- it seems quite natural to me that he would.

My dad does this to me all the time -- gets impressed by basic, logical conclusions I draw. He also repeats his advice -- for years he told me to watch out for potholes in the winter and to avoid them. Duh, when I see a pothole I want to hit it dead on at high speed, right? Oh, no, avoid, avoid. I ALWAYS forget that one.

My husband and my dad both know me well -- I don't get why they are surprised by anything I say or do. On one hand, its sort of flattering, but on the other hand its incredibly insulting. Oh well, I've always figured its better to be underestimated -- they never see it coming.

Okay, I admit this is a lame post, but at least no one is going to annoy me by being impressed with it.

1 Comments:

Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

LOL, I have one particular relative who is so impressed by everything. It gets to the point where it seems too excessive to be really thoughful or sincere impressed-ness. KWIM?

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home