Sunday, July 17, 2005

Birthday Party Bliss

by Anne Zelenka
So I ordered Madagascar plates, napkins, cups, and favor boxes from Birthday Express. Bought supplies for paper bag puppets. Made a list of kids to invite. Steeled myself for birthday party madness.

And then... Anna announced she just wants to have a family party. She only wants to invite my friend C. and C.'s two-year-old son.

Oh joy! Oh joy! Oh joy!

No map to make; no invitations to send out; no mad rushing around on birthday party morn to get balloons. No worrying that we'll either have more attendees than favor boxes or no attendees at all.

Can I really take her at her word? Are the birthday police going to come arrest me for lazy and anti-social mothering?

2 Comments:

Blogger Marjorie said...

You're so lucky! What a sensible child -- you go, Anna!

11:38 AM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

Sounds like a great party to me.

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home