Monday, May 02, 2005

Why chocolate and peanut butter?

by Anne Zelenka
Because it's the best damn flavor combination around. If only I had a piece of Cheesecake Factory Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake right now, yummmmmmm...

Also because more than four years ago Marjorie and I met at a church lunch kicking off the start of the church year, in school year terms, that is. I made chocolate cookies with peanut butter chips from a mix. Rick (my husband) and I had already noticed the couple sitting in church with a baby who appeared to be around our daughter's age. I saw them sitting alone at a table and even though she was perfectly put together and her husband was so handsome that he couldn't possibly have been a nice person too, I talked to her anyway.

We immediately learned that we were both completely committed to chocolate and peanut butter. We have been friends ever since.

In the intervening years I haven't had a friend so good as Marjorie. Yes, we drove each other crazy sometimes and now we live thousands of miles and many time zones apart. I'm sure if we hadn't had our blogs we would have shortly lost touch. I'm terrible at writing letters or making phone calls. Since our commitments to our personal blogs waned, it seemed like we might do better in partnership. So here it is:

Chocolate and Peanut Butter

Better together!

2 Comments:

Blogger Marjorie said...

Why thank you for such a nice compliment about my husband, Tom. Just a footnote for our readers -- Anne's husband and my husband look a lot a like, so much so that they were frequently mistaken for one another...

As to driving each other crazy, we'll see if we can still do that despite a huge land mass and an ocean between us!

5:05 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Hello, you two! I love chocolate and peanut butter, too -- and just reading this post makes me hanker for a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup. Good luck with your new joint venture!

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home