Wednesday, May 18, 2005

I Sold Two Articles

by Anne Zelenka
Now I can call myself a writer. I sold two articles, one on herbal therapy for weight loss and one on planning a family trip to Hawaii. This is the first time I've made any money since getting a surprise bonus for a patent application made by the last software company I worked for.

My big paycheck? Thirty whole dollars! Wow! How am I going to decide where to spend it all? After taxes it might be enough to take the entire crew out to McDonald's but only if we drink water and I order a cheeseburger instead of a salad.

The articles will be published in the next couple of months on a web site that wraps useful content in advertisements. It's really no different from television or magazines--they get their revenue from advertising too.

It's a baby step towards working again. I'm thrilled.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marjorie said...

That is so great! Congratulations -- you never know where things will lead...who cares about the money.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Very cool. :)

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home