Thursday, May 12, 2005

Feeling Crusty

by Anne Zelenka
My daughters ask me to rip the crust off of Pop-Tarts. I guess it's because there's no super-sweet filling in the edge. About a month ago, they both stopped eating the puffy crust on pizza slices. They would eat three or four bites of the cheesiest middle, then say, "ready for another piece!" We had to put a stop to that because I was getting tired of eating all crust and no middle.

Why is it that so many kids don't like crust? And does anybody buy those frozen PB&J "uncrustables"?

I like crusts on Pop-Tarts and pizza, but not on brownies. My husband Rick likes brownies from the edge of the pan--brownies with crust--but I adore the gooey middle ones.

4 Comments:

Blogger clanlally said...

Erin calls the crust "the peel" which cracks me up every time I hear it.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Marjorie said...

A perfect marriage! I don't like the crusty edge of brownies -- like you, I prefer the gooey middle. Actually, I prefer the batter to anything.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Anne Zelenka said...

mmmmm... brownie batter...

3:38 PM  
Blogger Marjorie said...

...with peanut butter chips in the mix...

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home